It had already become apparent that the French will have to do without some of their best riders for the WEG. Now five names are clear – Philiippe Guerdat has decided. The pairs to travel to the US are:
- Nicolas Delmotte with Ilex VP
- Alexis Deroubaix with Timon d’Aure
- Alexandra Francard with Volnay du Boisdeville
- Thierry Rozier with Venezia d’Ecaussinnes
- Kevin Staut with Reveur de Hurtebise
How great the despair in France is can be seen in the nomination of Reveur de Hurtebise – Kevin Staut had retired the horse after the World Cup Final in Paris, but now he reactivated him.